2013/02/24

なつかしい~!

Yo!
Today I thought it'll be a good day to share with you guys what were the cartoons I used to watch as a kid in the 90's. Yup, that's how lame this post is going to be, but of course you can bare through this! At least those readers, who are at the same age as I am.. you youngsters may not even recognize the cartoons at all. And it's kind of sad too, because nowadays' cartoons and kids' shows are lame and awful. I guess I'm starting to get old XD

But let's start our kick off: First series I can think of is of course Pokémon. I never watched other seasons but the first one, but I have seen first three movies plus Mewtwo returns and one other movie which's name I can't remember right now (and I'm too lazy to go find it).

This is the very rare exception, when I think the Finnish version of the theme song is way better than English.. I can't explain why, but of course it does have to do something small with the fact it's the first version I ever heard of Pokémon. Overall, I still love to watch the first two movies~ They both have such an awesome soundtrack I can't stop listening to them! Everyone knows the song "The Power of One"!

The next one is of course Digimon. I can't recall watching this that much either, but this time I'll have to say, that the original Finnish dub sucked REALLY bad. Only the opening and closing themes were made with good taste and talented singers.

But honestly I can't remember almost anything about the plot itself.. I guess I missed so many episodes so the plot and dialogue were too absurd to me at the time.I might re-watch this series some day, with some popcorn and friends!

Now, let's switch from Japanese anime to some western cartoons for a moment. The Magician (original title El Mago) was a French cartoon of a superhero-like magician, which amazed me again and again. The pace is really fast even in the intro, but it still has its magic touch. I guess it's the music which does it. It has a kinda mysterious and at the same time creepy end in its tone. I don't know why that is the reason it keeps me on my toes and gives the urge to watch the whole episode after seeing the intro. I just like it!

Get ready to rock! Now, may I present you three assholes from Mars - with their motor bikes. Many of you may know this cartoon, but because of its newer version. This is the original 90's version and, should I say, more BADASS! The music, the jokes, the simplicity and concentration on the speed of those bikes.. to put it short: EVERYTHING makes you to remember this series!

Biker Mice from Mars is obviously an American cartoon (and the target audience is actually little boys, but I still love it! I used to play them in kindergarten!), since the scenarios are located in Chicago. I totally recommend to watch this series as it was in the 90's! I still can't get over that electronic voice repeating "Biker Mice from Mars -- Biker Mice from Mars -- Biker Mice from Mars".. it was something so unique at that time and it can't be compared with anything! I still want Vinnie's red bike!

Also, the trio of Throttle, Vinnie and Modo has a bro-code, which you can totally sense while watching the show. Home-brewed beer, hot-dogs and more heavy metal to everyone! Brofist!

There are many more cartoons I used to watch as a kid, but I'm going to close this post with two animes.

Candy Candy was actually made in the middle 80's, but it was released on VHS in Finland in the 90's. I was son little back then and thought the intro song was in Estonian.. oh, silly me :'DD Well, what you can do? Your world image is still so small as a child, though many times you might think outside of the box

The series itself is about a very naive girl and her life from an orphan baby to an adult. There's nothing much more to say, because there are tons of events she confronts during this series - well, it is a long time period after all. But, what bothers me, is that she keeps her naive attitude towards every f-ing person she confronts, even though they are complete douchebags right from the start. She does say what she thinks about things though.

And for last but not the least:
Well what else could it be except Sailor Moon? :DD I honestly remember nothing else but the fact the sailors actually did nothing against the bad guys BEFORE the mysterious man with a rose appears during every freaking battle. And suddenly all the sailors know what to do (I don't know does the rose he throws have some magical powers to wake girls up from their panic or whatever..) but before that all were just shivering in fear, lol.

But that's for now! I'll leave you with a longer video with a Finnish dub song I totally like as it is. The original lyrics go "I need a hero" but in order to fit the lyrics in Finnish with the beat, they changed it into "I want a man". May I present you: Shrek 2 - Mä Miehen Tahdon
Have a good one!
Bye.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿