2012/05/13

Ling - PROGRESS!

Hellos o/!
Here's a short update about my Ling cosplay costume~

It's been over a year when I bought that orange satin, but now I finally managed to use it in a purpose I planned. The costume itself has now only a few hard parts, but I hope I'll manage to beat those up in some point soon.


First off I'm going to start with the problem I saw before even starting the sewing: the bracelets and those ponytail-hair-piece-thingies. Where the F am I going to find them? Well, the hair thingaly thingies I've found! By luck!

These are zero-tape containers from a brand called Scotch. There was only yellow, red and green as options, but I went with the yellow ones, because their color was light enough so they still were qualified to be painted on and still be seen through, somewhat.
Here are the containers before and after painting. I used spray paint. The containers could be opened in two pieces so it made painting them really easy~
I'm still looking for the bracelets.. If you have any idea how to find or make these bracelets, PLEASE let me know! Every time I see this version of Ling's costume, they always make the bracelets from something weird stuff, that completely doesn't look what it should look like. Those ponytails were just luck... I wonder will lady luck help me twice.
Click to zoom the picture. Help me to figure out how to do those bracelets T__T
The second problem I came across was the chest thingy. Nobody has posted any ready-to-use pictures of it, so I had to re-do it from a scratch. And I somewhat did it! And since I'm kind enough, I let you guys have the full-sized picture of it :3 Click to see it in real size!
I know it's bad, but at least I share it with you guys D8<
Next thing to do was to transfer that picture from computer to my costume. How did I do that? I bet you all already know.

Tadah! T-shirt transfer paper! It's easy as hell: design, print and iron! Aaand after I had ironed it, I think the picture went a bit too high... see for yourself or have I been with this costume for too long? XD
and again; I know it looks bad when just hanging from a hanger D:
But here's a picture of me wearing this thing with unfinished pants and hair open lol. The main costume itself also needs those shoulder feathers, but it's pretty done now :3

MAN! It took forever because of those black and white stripes and because of me: I hate of doing patterns! So it made making of this costume a bit tougher than I thought --w-- silly and inpatient me.

See more pictures of making this in dousurebaii.weebly.com -website~!

Still have to work on those feathers, pants, bracelets and shoes! And time is running out T___T Desucon is right behind the corner! Wish me luck though, and help me to figure out those bracelets!

Love yah~

2 件のコメント:

  1. Hey there, I was reading comments on Quiltville and was interested in your mention of 'cosplay'! I came over to read your blog. I was thinking about the bracelets you are trying to make....how about clear plastic, flexible tubing? Might have some in a hardware store or home improvement place. Not sure where you are located, if you can even find it where you are.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I was hunting for clear plastic around my city but no luck.. But I did do those bracelets, in a weird way though: I sewed two thin, plastic transparent, file covers together; tapped them from the inside to get the volume and spray painted orange on the surface. After a few days the paint started to peel off, but it did work for the couple of days I had to wear them. But funny thing is, while traveling to the destination where I had to wear the costume, I dropped one of the bracelets on train and noticed it afterwards, haha!

      削除